Fee Schedule from July 2018
Getting to know you:-
- Antenatal meet & greet - free of charge - 30 minutes
- Antenatal planning & education visits - $120 for 2 hours
- First Postnatal Consultation - $175 1.5-2hrs plus written follow up info and phone call before and after appointment
Subsequent postnatal appointments: -
- After First Postnatal Consult, a $200 deposit is required before further appointments. This deposit is used to cover the cost of phone calls, texts and e-mails (five hours worth) between appointments *
- Two hour feeding, sleep & routine consultation during school hours / terms - $150
- Staying on after the consult to help around the house is $35 per hour **
Other fees: -
- Phone and email support after you have used your pre paid five hours is charged at $35 per hour
- If you book two four-hour visits on two consecutive days, then we have generally covered most of the technical feeding & sleeping issues on the first day, therefore the second day is charged at a lower rate of $200 for four hours
- Toddler sleep consults - by negotiation (lower than baby rates)
- Custom pre-paid packages can be arranged and will reduce the overall cost of postnatal support per hour
- Two hour consult rates are generally roughly the same outside of school hours / terms but staying on past the two hours is charged at $40-60 per hour, depending on the time of day.
- For travel times of over 40 minutes I may decline to attend or charge a $30 travel fee
- Payment Terms - pay by tapping your Credit Card on mobile card reader at the end of the visit or by direct deposit within 7 days. There is no charge to you to pay by Credit Card; I absorb this cost. You can also key in your credit card to the secure platform that I use within 7 days, however to get the $5 pay on the day discount you must tap before I leave.
3-4 hour sessions are recommended for the first few visits, to observe a complete feed and sleep cycle. This is also long enough for me to do a quick tidy up for you, and allows you a chance to shower and eat. It will leave you in a good frame of mind, ready to face the rest of the day or night.
Several two-hour visits might be needed in the early days of breastfeeding; therefore I offer these at a discounted rate of $120 within the first 2 weeks of birth. However to keep your costs down and save for later input, I encourage you to make use of free lactation consultant services which are offered at many hospitals in the first month after you give birth. You will usually also have two midwife visits in the first 10-14 days postnatally.
My clients generally have the most intense need for my services between 3 and 10 weeks of age; to a lesser degree between 10 and 20 weeks of age and occasionally thereafter at each developmental leap.
Overnight visits can be negotiated for existing regular clients to help with sleep problems. However, please note, I do not offer a maternity nurse service as regular night shifts would be too disruptive to my own family.
I am available to you on evenings and weekends if needed, within the constraints of the needs of other clients and my own family, but I aim to have the majority of feeding and sleeping consults during school hours, with evening and weekend visits mainly reserved for Mums of newborn babies whilst breastfeeding is establishing.
For more info on how I set my fees see FAQs.
For Selective Mutism Classroom Support fees please see SM section.
* If you only need one or two appointments and do not use the calls then your final bill will be discounted accordingly, however clients usually need the most intensive phone & e-mail support around the first two to three appointments and will generally use this allowance. Most doulas operate on a package system. I wish to keep my service ‘pay-as-you-go’ as far as possible and pre-paying the calls allows me to do this. The other purpose of the pre paid phone calls is to encourage you to commit the time needed to get the most out of my service. In your baby’s first ten weeks, I recommend one phone call every 5-10 days between in-person visits. Between 10 and 20 weeks of age, I recommend one phone call every 2-3 weeks between visits. More often is fine if you need it, but this the minimum recommended. Without phone calls between visits, problems tend to escalate; it then takes more than the length of the next visit to sort out. Consequently, clients then end up spending extra on phone and e-mail support undoing problems.
** The actual visit can be divided up any way you like - in reality when I’m folding laundry or cooking, I’m constantly paying attention to your baby’s feeding and sleeping patterns and helping you to understand their cues. The consultation and help around the house do not have to be two separate segments, it unfolds however it needs to, to best support you on the day.